Everyone hopes that their homes will never be flooded, or that their houses will be spared by hurricanes. However, we all know that this is not always the case. Accidents happen, which is precisely why homeowners have homeowner’s insurance. Homeowner’s insurance helps to repair or replace damaged items in the event of an unforeseen incident. Unfortunately, many people are not trained to know when to call a public adjuster in Florida, and therefore end up battling insurance companies on their own. With the help of experienced public adjusters, homeowners can obtain the settlements they deserve in order to help them pay for the damages. If you’ve recently experienced home damage, but you’re wondering whether or not a public adjuster is required, keep reading!   


AC Leaks, Roofing Leaks, and Appliance Leaks Call for a Public Adjuster in Florida   

The most common reason to call for a public adjuster is when there are leaks. Leaks can come in many forms, from appliances to the roof. Roofing that has sustained damages, or is simply old, may become softened. The issues can lead to rainwater coming through the ceiling. If the water sits for some time, there may even be mold. Whatever the case may be, water can be frustrating to deal with. With the help of a public adjuster, you can rest at ease knowing that they’re handling most of the paperwork and documenting.   


Post-Hurricane Damage   

Another common reason Floridians reach out to a seasoned public adjuster is after the hurricane season. Hurricanes, no matter their strength, can bring devastating winds, rains, and flooding. Fortunately, homeowner’s insurance covers many of these issues. Yet, what homeowners should be aware of is that homeowner’s insurance does not cover flooding. Being familiar with the policy can be useful when working with insurance companies. If you have any questions, you can ask your public adjuster.   


Mold Damage   

It’s not uncommon for residents of Florida to be victims of mold damage. Because of the damp weather, it’s a perfect environment for mold to grow. If there is a pipe leak, roof leak, or a leaking appliance or AC unit, there’s a good chance that mold is only a look away. It grows within 24 hours of moisture and the right conditions.   


If you’re experiencing one of the issues above, you don’t have to handle everything on your own. Instead, hire a professional public adjuster to have some assistance. They’ll help you document the damages, and they’ll also put together a claim to submit to your insurance company. When there’s devastation in your home, there’s no time to wait. Contact the experts at Cohen Public Adjusters today at 561-287-6926. We look forward to serving you! We’re here when you need assistance the most.   


Google Reviews
Free Claim